Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today was a good day...

Today we had a baby shower. We had planned a shower for Mamas for last weekend, but she had the baby a little early and we missed it.soooo we decided to have it today. Funny thing, when she was pregnant with little David the same thing happened. She was in the hospital about to give birth at the time of her shower. Laura and I were determined SHE WAS GOING TO HAVE A BABY SHOWER!!!! It was fun today especially because little Caramia was there.

Ashley made this beautiful cake. It was homemade white cake with chocolate frosting. It was delicious....best frosting I think I have ever had.

Cousins, Cooper and David



These boys are completly enamored by this little girl!!
My oldest grandchild and my youngest
Aren't I blessed.

A wonderful day ended with a prayer service at our house tonight.
Several of our closest friends along with our pastor met for prayer for my mom and dad. It is a humbling experience when you are prayed for. I am thankful for my close Christian friends. We are truly blessed.





Fifty six years of marriage with your best friend.
PRICELESS!



Blessings Memaw Barbie



2 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful posting. So many different and blessed stages in life represented here.
Thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Maree said...

Congratulations!!! Wow, what a little doll!

That cake looks amazing...how talented is she??

Glad your dad is doing a little better....how special to have had that prayer service at your home.

Springs around the corner and that cabins gonna be finished...Praise the Lord!

About Me

My photo
Just a proud Memaw. Thankful for the time to spend with friends and family, cooking, playing outside, reading a book.