Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thimbles, laundry baskets, stickers....

somebody got into my cabinet and got out the thimbles...... One of them is a cake decorating tip
The thimble on the left belonged to Mama Hattie, she was a seamstresss. She sewed for the public and made lots of quilt tops with her scraps. The thimble in the center belonged to my mother-in-law Merr. Bless her heart, everyone in her family is a little on the short side, so most of her sewing involved hemming pants. She loved to make quilts too. She made pillows alot too. She didn't let anything go to waste. She would make little stuffed animals with her scraps too. The little bitty thimble on the far right belonged to my granny. She had tiny little fingers. The picture in the background is her. Her name was Maizie. I love that name. It is also my mommas first name. My momma looks alot like granny.
This weekend my Uncle Nicki came to Dallas while I was there. It was like seeing Granny all over again. He has the best of her qualities. He's really fun to be around. I would like to spend more time with him and his family. It's too bad we live so far apart.

Laundry baskets can be such fun.....especially when you have captured a victim!!!


He is so pretty. He kisses me about every 5 minutes. He missed me when I was gone.



Thomas is almost too big for the basket.




They loved the stickers I brought back from Dallas. I love the dollar spot at Target!
I miss you momma and daddy.Will see you in a few weeks. Blessings Memaw Barbie





1 comment:

Maree said...

Oh I love the thimbles! My grandkids are all obessesed with stickers! Your grandsons are so blessed to have you!

Have a wonderful 4th of July!

About Me

My photo
Just a proud Memaw. Thankful for the time to spend with friends and family, cooking, playing outside, reading a book.