Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life is not a race-but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say "thank you", "I love you", and "great job" to someone each day. Go to church, take time for prayer. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Love you life and what you've been given, it is not accidental-search for your purpose and do it as best you can. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you inspire to. Laugh often. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Do not worry, less wrinkles are more becoming. Forgive, it frees the soul. Take time for yourself-plan for longevity. Recognize the special people you've been blessed to know. Live for today, enjoy the moment.
I don't know who wrote that, but I liked it and wanted to share.
One of the things my dad has always said is" be thankful. He always reminds us who to thank. That's the first thing he says when you have good news. You know who to thank. He has also told me to be thankful when things are tough. That's a little harder. I trust God, I know he is in control, I believe his hand is on my family....but honestly it is hard to be thankful today.....I am trying. I think it is a choice whether or not to be thankful, and I want to choose to be thankful, but I am struggling with it.
I am thankful for my family and the blessings we have shared. I am praying for better days for my mom and dad, but I am not really thankful for the struggle they are going through. I'm working on that tho. We covet your prayers for our Mom and Dad as they go thru each day.
I love you, great job, and thank you.

Today I am thankful for feeding tubes and pain medicine.
Blessings, Memaw Barbie

1 comment:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

I am so sorry that your dad and mom, you, your whole family is having to go through this battle. We all know how important it is to be thankful but its sometimes so hard to be thankful when we have to go through some of lifes lowest valleys. I will continue to have your family in my prayers. I pray that God will give strength, courage and peace to make it through such a tough time.

~Jennifer

About Me

My photo
Just a proud Memaw. Thankful for the time to spend with friends and family, cooking, playing outside, reading a book.