Monday, January 19, 2009















I have been trying for a large part of the day to post a slide show. I do not have success in that area. I will have to get my momma to show me how. So with that said, I will post a few weekends from this past weekend. Friday night was my birthday and my best friends cooked my supper. It was wonderful. It was relaxing and very enjoyable. We had white chicken chili with homemade mexican cornbread muffins. We also had homemade chocolate cake. Thank you so much Lorie and Juju. After dinner we watched a Tyler Perry movie. It is wonderful to be with those you love.
Saturday after work Jason and Laura treated me to an overnight trip to Gatlinburgh. They bought us all tickets to a Lady Vols basketball game on Sunday afternoon. It was part Christmas and part birthday present. It was a great game and a wonderful weekend getaway. Their family is really fun to travel with. You don't feel like you are on a mission to get to your destination. We stopped when any of us wanted to. It makes it more relaxing. We had some wonderful meals and the weather was pretty good. We have had some spitting snow, but nothing is sticking. Maybe we will get some later. We have had really cold temperatures. It makes you look forward to spring. A new begining. Enjoy the pics. Blessings Memaw Barbie

3 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a busy weekend!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Glad you had a great Birthday weekend!
~Jennifer

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday weekend....so thankful that you have great friends and a wonderful family who love you and are there for you.
Momma

About Me

My photo
Just a proud Memaw. Thankful for the time to spend with friends and family, cooking, playing outside, reading a book.